Why you need a closet dresser and how to go about picking a good one.
Did you know that the average American home has steadily increased in size since the 1950s? It’s true, and with that size increase came a brand new set of furnishings that are geared towards maxing out the amount of space you have in your closet.
One such example is a closet dresser. Closet dressers are exactly what they sound like—a dresser that is meant to be included in a walk-in closet. By adding a set of drawers in a dresser, you’re able to store more items in your closet and also give it a cleaner, more relaxing flow.
The closet dresser trend is emerging to be one of the biggest new trends in bedroom decor. Clean and spacious bedroom designs are making people be creative about where they store their clothes.
A dresser in your closet also frees up floor space in tiny rooms or rooms with awkward layouts. No matter why you decide to try this trend we can help you find a dresser that works for you!
Can You Use A Closet Dresser?
Any dresser can be a closet dresser as long as the closet is large enough. If you do not have a walk-in closet or have a closet that is notably small, this piece of furniture probably won’t be what you need.
Most closets that can work with a dresser are at a minimum of three feet by two feet in size. Without enough size to fit the dresser, your best bet is to work with traditional closet organizing gear like hangers and hanging shelves.
How To Shop For A Good Closet Dresser
Finding the right dresser for a closet is not always easy. Let’s take a look at what you should look for when searching for a good dresser:
- The Right Measurements. Start out by measuring your walk in closet. You want to have a dresser that will fit in your closet. Moreover, you want to make sure that you can open it to its full extent without having the doors bang on the other wall or push you against the wall.
- The Right Height. Some people just want to have a petite drawer that looks nice and cute, just for their socks and underwear. That’s fine. Others want to have a larger drawer that can handle all their pressed shirts and denim. That too, is fine. You just need to know what type of person you are in this respect.
- The Best Look. While we don’t exactly *need* to have an aesthetically-pleasing dresser in your closet, it’s a nice touch. Everyone likes having a well put-together closet. Due to the way that closets are built, nice, simple dressers with clean lines usually work best. But on the other hand you can use a dresser you already have a repurpose it!
The 6 Best Dressers For Your Closet
Now that we’ve gotten a little bit more into detail about what you should look for, it’s time to actually check out what there is on the market. Take a look below.
The Best Dresser For Different Item Sizes
Did you ever notice how hard it is to dig through a dresser that has deep drawers when you just use a corner to store all your socks? This drawer design fixes that problem by offering drawers in several different sizes.
- 【Unique Design】This wooden dresser features with 4 spacious drawers and metal leg, elegance appearance and practicality match with any decoration, is great for living room and bedroom.
- 【Stable & Durable】Eco-friendly particle wood panel with high resistance on scratch & friction ensure stability and durability; Smooth surface is easy to clean and without any smell.
- 【Larger Storage】Embraced with 2 big drawers and 2 small drawers, it is perfect for books, cosmetics, lamp, file, vases, photo frames etc. to meet your storage and organizing needs.
- 【High Quality】Metal handle and slides on each layer help drawers run smoothly without noise; Steel frame with rubber feet ensures stability on uneven floor.
- 【Easy Assembly】Overall dimension: 20.8"W*16.5"D*36.7"H; Easy to assemble with detailed instruction and tools in the package, please feel free to contact us if you have any question.
The two top drawers are shallow, making them a perfect storage place for socks, ties, stockings, and gloves. The bottom drawers range from the mid-size to the deep. If you are the type of person to store comforters in a drawer, this is an amazing choice for you.
The Best Closet Dresser for Walk-in Closets
You have the room, you might as well make it work for you! This dresser is a great addition to a walk-in closet because it can hold all your underwear, scarves, glasses, socks, knickknacks and more. Plus it looks stylish and clean all at the same time.
- 🧸 LARGE CAPACITY - The white dresser's wood top provides open space to display alarm clocks, bouquet, lamps, and photo frames. Two small drawers on the top are available to store the wallet, keys, or other small stuffs, and three large drawers (24.6'Lx13.8'Wx5.5'H) work well to sort and organize your clothes, linens, blankets, files according to your daily storage needs.
- 🏠 UNIQUE DESIGN - The legs are curved for more beautiful appearance and prevention of kid's injury. Besides, the chest of drawers with strong wood frame, which provides excellent stability and ensures long-term use.
- 💒 CONTEMPORARY STYLE - Pairing pure color appearance with clean-line design, the dresser chest can create a coordinated organization in any room of the house. It's perfect to be placed in the bedroom, living room, laundry room, kid's room, entryway, nursery room, etc.
- 🌲 ECO-FRIENDLY & SAFETY - This wood chest with drawer selects safe & eco-friendly finish in white and is crafted with exquisite workmanship, the surface is smooth and easy to clean. Moreover, the chest comes with anti-toppling fittings to the wall, you'll never worry about falling down.
- 👸 ASSEMBLY & 100% SATISFACTION - This nursery dresser comes with straightforward instruction and labeled pieces for easy installation. Homecho is committed to providing excellent products and 100% satisfactory pre-sale and after-sale services, please feel free to contact us with any problem.
You can use the top of the large dresser to hold jewelry, lotions, hair care and more.
The Best Dresser For Classic Closet Organizers
Did you ever notice how most closet organizers have a certain look they go for? Many professional organizers tend to have larger baskets or drawer sets, surrounded by smaller sets that hold petite items. It’s a very specific aesthetic that is hard to ignore.
- MULTIFUNCTION STORAE ORGANIZER: 7-Drawer fabric dresser with 2 size bins,you can sort items by type.The larger storage great for storing clothes,blankets, baby clothes, kid toys,the small storage used for socks,underwear,and other accessories.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION:Strong metal frame,it is wear-resistant and sturdy.Solid MDF board top surface is waterproof, you can wipe it directly with a wet cloth. Drawers made of sturdy and breathable synthetic fabric, non-toxic material and safe for children.
- DETAIL DESCRIPTION: Storage drawers with an elegant wooden handle on drawers for opening and closing more easily; Adjustable feet for uneven ground and protect the floor from scratches; Water-resistant wood top and backboard provides a safe place for putting cups, glass, plants, clocks etc.
- CONVENIENT AND PORTABLE:Overall dimension : 25’’(L)X11.8’’(W)X28.7’’(H) ,it is good choice for kid room,bedroom,living room,entryway ,hallway ,nurseries etc.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Kamiler dressers organizers package includes all the tools and accessories,it takes 15-30 minutes to complete the assembly ; You can refer to detailed instructions.If you have any other question about the item ,please feel free to contact with our customer service.
This dresser has that aesthetic. Main clothes and items go in the larger side, while seven small pocket drawers” work to hold tiny objects in the other side.
The Best Dresser For The Person Who Lives The Devil Wears Prada
If you remember that scene in the massive walk-in closet from The Devil Wears Prada, you already know that a true fashionista will need a lot of space for all the right clothes, shoes, and accessories. This involves a massive walk-in closet the likes of which are normal in Hollywood.
- Contemporary style fits any décor
- Six drawers provide ample storage
- High drawer sides
- Plastic pewter colored drawer handles offer a nice accent
- Drawers retract smoothly on plastic glides
This is a dresser that is big enough to hold a whole fleet of clothes, all while looking stylish enough to impress Anna Wintour. Moreover, it’s in black—one of the most perennially-popular colors to ever exist. What more could you want?
The Best Dresser For The Person Who Just Wants A Standard Cabinet
Sometimes, you just want to get a dresser that looks good and can store your goods. You don’t want to have randomly different-sized drawers. You don’t want to have something that looks like it belongs in a movie, and you have an average amount of space in your home. Sound like you?
- BYE BYE, CHAOS! If you keep losing ground in the battle against scattered pajamas, blankets, and bits and pieces that have nowhere to go, here comes the reinforcements—this dresser with 6 spacious fabric drawers will help bring your tidy home back
- PLEASING TO THE EYE: Rustic brown veneer surface with a charming wood-look, matte black frame, and smooth solid wood knobs—all these details merge together on this dresser to give your home a rustic vibe
- MATERIALS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES: When fabric meets a metal frame and wooden top and front, what happens? You get a stable and durable yet lightweight closet organizer that is ready to support your ever-growing beautiful clothes
- EVERY ROOM SCRAMBLES FOR IT: The closet wants a cabinet for workout gear, leggings, and pajamas, the nursery needs a chest of drawers to stow baby stuff, the entryway lacks a storage unit for coming and going things; what's your plan?
- WHAT YOU GET: A practical dresser with 6 fabric drawers, a stunning look that will style your living space, lightweight design for easy moving, 4 adjustable feet, easy assembly, and a possibility to restore a tidy home
Well, this dresser is a good pick for you. This isn’t as large as the one that looks like it needs its own room. It also doesn’t have all those mixed-size drawers that most of the other models on this list will have. It’s simple, looks good, and remains sturdy enough for people who just want a place for their basic clothes.
The Best Dresser For Kids’ Rooms
Dressers placed in a closet aren’t just an adult thing. Kids appreciate the extra saved space too, possibly even more than parents do. The problem many parents have, though, is finding a cute, kid-friendly dresser that looks at home in a kid’s closet.
- DRAWER DRESSER (PASTEL/WHITE) — Style meets function with this dresser chest, complete with a wood surface and colorful storage drawers — Pairs beautifully with the Sorbus Foldable Furniture Collection
- DISPLAY & DE-CLUTTER — Wood top provides hard surface for displaying books, lamps, alarm clocks, electronics, and more — Drawers great for storing baby and kid clothes, blankets, linens, toys, plushies, accessories, knitting supplies, and household clutter
- STYLISH FOR ANY ROOM — Suitable for nursery, playroom, kids’, tween, teens bedroom, guest room, closet, hallway, college dorm, small apartment solutions, etc — Versatile as dressers for bedroom, storage cube dresser, 5 drawer dresser, small closet dresser, storage chest, living room dresser, sofa end tables, office supply storage, kids nightstand, or baby nursery table
- FOLDABLE DRAWERS — Soft fabric drawers with reinforced base — Easy pull handle for quiet opening and closing — Removable Drawers fold flat for easy storage when not in use — Entire unit is portable, lightweight, and easy to relocate to different spaces
- KID FRIENDLY DESIGN — Sleek wide storage — Made with strong steel frame and durable MDF wood top with smooth black finish — Drawers made of breathable, non-woven fabric — Pastel colors in yellow, teal, aqua, peach, purple — Wipe clean — Minimal assembly required — Hardware and instructions INCLUDED — Measures approximately 39.50” L x 11.87” W x 24.62” H
This dresser is specifically made for this issue. It’s got a cute, colorful look kids love. With its easy open drawers that are at eye level, it’s easy to see why it’s an ideal choice for kids. Plus you can use the drawers to hold toys you want tucked out of the way!
The Best Dresser For Tight Corners
Let’s face it. Not all of us have massive closets that you can just waltz right into. However, that doesn’t mean that you have to forgo the luxurious feeling of having a dresser in your closet. This tall and thin dresser can fit in virtually any closet with ease, and also can be a snug fit for corners that never seem to get enough love.
- EVERY GAP IS A CHANCE: Before you complain about not having enough space, have you checked the narrow gaps between the fridge and wall, or beside the washer? With this vertical dresser, you can easily turn them into storage
- WHEN 3 ELEMENTS MEET: A perfect mix bringing its strengths into full play—the metal frame offers stable support for the boxes, the MDF finished drawer front adds a rustic touch, and the fabric drawer body makes the whole unit lightweight to move
- WHERE IT BELONGS: Basically everywhere. Whether you need a chest of drawers for bibs and tiny clothes in the nursery, a bathroom organizer for towels and makeup, or a space-saving nightstand for a lamp and more, this storage unit is just the ticket
- FEWER PARTS, EASIER ASSEMBLY: With integrated side frames using fewer parts, clear instructions, and necessary tools included, you’ll have it nestled into its new home before you know it
- WHAT YOU GET: A multi-purpose storage tower which fits perfectly in small spaces, with 4 drawers, 4 adjustable feet, an anti-tip kit, and an easy assembly process
Thin dressers like this can be found in upscale homes as a corner storage implement, but they’re also perfectly at home in petite areas. A perfect companion for the homeowner who needs a place to store socks, jewelry, and knickknacks galore, it’s an all-purpose choice that won’t quit.
No matter how big or small your closets are, having a dresser inside can make a lot of sense. While unorthodox, this trend is getting more and more popular simply because of the convenience and style it can offer people. After all, everyone loves to free up space in their bedroom.
Truth be told, there is no single perfect way to implement the trend. Some need bigger cabinets, others need to have a cabinet that can be comfortably wedged in a corner of their closet. When shopping around for a dresser cabinet, take your time. After all, it’s better to get the right one for you than to compromise on what you really want.