Dollar Tree Halloween DIYs
This fall I have been making some new Halloween crafts.(My old ones are cute, but I wanted to mix things up!) Instead of running to Home Goods or Hobby Lobby, I decided to see what I could come up with using only Dollar Tree items.
Dollar Tree Halloween Village
The first item I made was this adorable Dollar Tree Halloween Village.
You will need the following supplies to be able to create this village yourself.
- 3-5 of these wooden houses from Dollar Tree.
- 3-4 packages of Halloween words
- Long Dollar Tree sign or a scrap piece of wood.
- Black paint
- Orange paint
- White paint
- Hot Glue Gun
Directions for Halloween Village
- Paint each of your houses with black paint. (I left mine a little streaky to make it look old and weathered.)
- Paint your word signs as desired with orange or purple paint.
- Once both pieces are dry, hot glue the words to the front of the houses.
- Paint scrap wood or Dollar Tree Sign Black.
- Arrange houses on board as desired and glue down. If you want to have some on an angle like mine, you can use wood scraps to elevate and tilt them.
- Leave it as is, or decorate it with wooden stickers.
Watch my video on how to make this Halloween Village for under $10!
Dollar Tree Halloween Gingerbread House
I love all things Gingerbread, and gingerbread houses are among my very favorite. I have seen some really amazing gingerbread houses made out of Dollar Tree doll houses and I thought, why not make one for Halloween?
This cutie is made by using 2 stories of the doll house and one roof. I decorated it using buttons I had from Joann Fabrics as well some resin black and white candy canes, also from Joann.
This piece can be made to reflect your personal taste. I like cute Halloween decorations instead of scary, but you can make yours as creepy as you want.
Dollar Tree Halloween Lantern
This one is the easiest of them all!
- Grab one of these adorable Halloween lanterns
- Get some black and white chalk paint.
Watch my video to see how to transform these into something that looks old and spooky!!
I hope you love adding in a little of your own handiwork this Halloween with these quick and easy Halloween DIYS!
If you end up making any of these, send me a picture!
Like this post? Save it for Later!