This fall I have been making some new Halloween crafts.(My old ones are cute, but I wanted to mix things up!) Instead of running to Home Goods or Hobby Lobby, I decided to see what I could come up with using only Dollar Tree items.
Dollar Tree Halloween Village
The first item I made was this adorable Dollar Tree Halloween Village.
You will need the following supplies to be able to create this village yourself.
- 3-5 of these wooden houses from Dollar Tree.
- 3-4 packages of Halloween words
- Long Dollar Tree sign or a scrap piece of wood.
- Black paint
- Orange paint
- White paint
- Hot Glue Gun
Directions for Halloween Village
- Paint each of your houses with black paint. (I left mine a little streaky to make it look old and weathered.)
- Paint your word signs as desired with orange or purple paint.
- Once both pieces are dry, hot glue the words to the front of the houses.
- Paint scrap wood or Dollar Tree Sign Black.
- Arrange houses on board as desired and glue down. If you want to have some on an angle like mine, you can use wood scraps to elevate and tilt them.
- Leave it as is, or decorate it with wooden stickers.
Watch my video on how to make this Halloween Village for under $10!
Dollar Tree Halloween Gingerbread House
I love all things Gingerbread, and gingerbread houses are among my very favorite. I have seen some really amazing gingerbread houses made out of Dollar Tree doll houses and I thought, why not make one for Halloween?
This cutie is made by using 2 stories of the doll house and one roof. I decorated it using buttons I had from Joann Fabrics as well some resin black and white candy canes, also from Joann.
This piece can be made to reflect your personal taste. I like cute Halloween decorations instead of scary, but you can make yours as creepy as you want.
Dollar Tree Halloween Lantern
This one is the easiest of them all!
- Grab one of these adorable Halloween lanterns
- Get some black and white chalk paint.
Watch my video to see how to transform these into something that looks old and spooky!!
I hope you love adding in a little of your own handiwork this Halloween with these quick and easy Halloween DIYS!
If you end up making any of these, send me a picture!
Like this post? Save it for Later!
Alicia Richards writes for Travels With The Crew and For the Love of Decorating. She also writes for MSN and has an AP Byline.